Saturday 24 March 2018
Performance and its Urban Context
University of Sheffield
This year the Medieval English Theatre Meeting on Performance and its Urban Context will be hosted by Charlotte Steenbrugge at the University of Sheffield.
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite proposals for 20-minute presentations on early performance cultures and their urban context. We welcome papers focusing on English and non-English traditions from roughly 500 to 1600. Topics covered could include, but are not limited to:
- the importance of urban topography for performances
- the role of performances in creating and/or representing civic identity
- the role of performances in creating and/or representing civic unity
- the connections between performances and civic dissent
- the importance of (inter)urban networks for performances
- the movement of performative artefacts and/or actors between cities and/or other institutions
- the use of performance in political activities within cities or between cities and other entities
- representations of urban environments in performances
Please send abstracts of no more than 200 words to Charlotte Steenbrugge (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday 31 October 2017.
A printable version of this Call for Papers.
Follow us on
Top of the page.
© Meg Twycross 2016